Saturday, July 12, 2008

Lightning Strikes......


Many days go by....dreams of blue....everything is blue... blue sky....blue people...blue rooms...blue eyes... a blue world. Thunder awakes me, crashing in around my world with a fierceness. Storms....save us. The phone rings....restricted. I do not answer. Curiosity kills the cat usually and i stare at the phone for a moment searching the cosmos for a clue. The phone rings again, a familiar ring.... And in an instant I know that something is up. I connect last nights impromptu instant message session with Mr "I hate im's" with the dreams and the restricted call and I know that something is up....

A familiar voice comes on the line.... quite shaken. My mind races, wondering....so now what? The a few words mumbled and the shaky voice breaks down... talk to me.... tell me what's wrong...

And I begin to hear a familiar voice begin to tell a familiar story...

Sometimes it's difficult to talk to somebody you were involved with discuss things that are going on in their current relationship.... but not with this familiar voice.....we've moved way past that .... were still connected in some ways that time or distance just doesn't seem to fade. We have both reached out to one another over the last few years because we both know each other, and we both know we can speak openly and honestly.... its comforting.

So I listened.... and listened and gave my words of wisdom.... which in this situation come from first hand experience... We had lived them before... many a year ago..... Just look back and remember......

And "Breathe" which is something this familiar voice had taught me to do.... or opened up the possibility of and let me figure it out on my own. Some things you just have to step back and allow God and the Universe deal with as it is supposed to be.... that isn't always how we see it because it takes things out of our direct control, and yes that's scary as hell. Lightning strikes...maybe once...maybe twice..... And if it all comes crashing down.... I am here for you my friend....always.