Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Edge of 46

The Edge of 46

Well here I sit
Another decade passed
Time seems to fly
Then stand still
Like a moment
In suspended animation
That sometimes
Lasts for days
So the places
And the faces
Have all changed
Darker times behind me
Daylight on the horizon
On the Edge of 46
Ten years ago
I sat and wrote
About this very same day
That seems so long ago
But I can open the book
And it can be yesterday
So now and then
I go back in time
Just a little
To the Edge of 36
Looking out that window
In that big old house
High atop that hill
A different time
A different place
And a different me
Sometimes it's easier
To look back
Tough times past
Good times that
Never seemed to last
But here I am
On the Edge of 46
Still writing
And still dreaming
And wondering
Where the next decade
Will take me......