Thursday, May 29, 2008

Goodbye to a Friend


Today I found out that Romeo the Trumpeter Swan, that has graced the lake for 4 years and was such a majestic animal... is dead. There is a mystery of sorts... he may have been poisoned. We don't know for sure, and I wont go into details because its too upsetting. All I can say is that if he was poisoned, then I hope that whoever did this, Karma hits them full force and they do not see a peaceful night for the rest of their lives. I had a feeling a few days ago that something bad was going to happen and I just dismissed it. It bugged me for days and I even spoke to my roommate about it. Romeo had been staying on the next lake, probably because the Canadian Geese and their babies were here on our lake, and they sometimes get cranky when there are babies present. Canadian Geese are very protective of their young. We may never really know what happened, never-the-less its a sad day here on the Finger Lakes...