Sunday, May 18, 2008

The King of Swords


This comes from a dream I had recently that involved two tarot decks in my pocket. I was in a huge courtyard with The Lady Gwen, walking as if in Court... With hundreds of others dressed in their finest Renaissance Clothes...as was a stranger with dark hair and with piercing eyes and and intensity Ive encountered a few times in my travelings. I'm always drawn to these intense individuals like a drug. He challenged me and I stared him down and told him that I would always come out the victor. I smiled as I pinned him back against the wall and stared into his eyes, and he looked back into mine and surrendered. Among the regular assortment of guests, there were three hybrids in court that day. One dressed in black and two in gray with feathers and mannerisms that were quite catlike....visitors to the realm. The Lady Gwen and I walked among the people and as they embraced us, we commented on their outfits like we were in some sort of Medieval Festival and we were judging them. The Lady Gwen, as always had first comment and I nodded in agreement ( it was safer ) as she is The Queen and she always will be....some things even time itself cannot vanquish. So in the brief time space of the dream, I was reminded that I was the card that was pulled out of the pocket of the coat.... sometimes a Knight, sometimes a King, but always a Sword. Sometimes what we wish to see and what we are in fact, can be very different. But in the long run, it's best to understand ones strengths and weaknesses in order to understand who we truly are. It is in this understanding that we may create change to put ourselves on a more enlightened pathway.


The King of Swords

Intellectual .........is comfortable in the world of the mind uses thought creatively grasps information quickly and completely inspires and challenges through ideas ably carries out research is knowledgeable
Analytical .........cuts through confusion and mental fog applies reason and logic is talented with games and other mental challenges easily breaks up complicated subjects is adept at argument and debate understands a problem quickly
Articulate .........is adept at language and verbal skills communicates ideas successfully is a stimulating conversationalist often serves as a group spokesperson is a lucid writer and speaker
Just .........renders honest, insightful judgments understands and honors all sides of an issue is concerned about truth and fairness views situations with a dispassionate eye is impartial and objective
Ethical .........is a moral/ethical leader encourages high standards works against corruption and dishonesty takes the high road in all dealings lives by his or her highest principles