Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Reflections of 9/11


A day that started out much like today, much like tomorrow, and then the world changed. I remember being at work and being in some sort of disbelief of what was happening. We were numb, the world was numb, and it would never be the same. We went home, we watched, we waited and we prayed. Suddenly the land of the free, was a lot smaller. As the day passed, more tragedy unfolded, more tears and more fear. Were not used to feeling fear like that. I sat, looking outside my window and caught a small plane in the reflection of the big black tower... it was just a reflection... yet it seemed to be going right into the building, I jumped off the couch and hit the floor. I was there crouched for moments, that seemed like hours shaking at the fear and shock that had just gone through my whole body. I can still feel that all these years later. We are changed... Even today, all these years later it brings tears to my eyes when I think about the great losses that we as a nation, as a people, as humans....suffered that day, and how we are still dealing with it today. God help us, Pray for us and forgive us for moments of discretion. I have never gotten over that day, and I hope in some ways I never do. It will keep us safer to have one eye looking around the corner, but it will never be that same when we go to sleep at night.