Tuesday, September 2, 2008

One flew away....


I have been waiting for the baby doves to leave the nest. I got back from hiking yesterday morning and of course this happened ( sort of ) while I was gone. So now Momma and one baby are living under the evergreen tree. yes.. I said 'one' as sadly, for reasons only God knows the second baby did not survive. I felt from the beginning that one of the babies was stronger than the other, moved around more and was more alert... and I guess I was correct, the other baby never seemed to move at all, if you look at the photos it never moved from the original position it was in from birth. I know that nature works these things out .... but ya know it was still kinda sad. "Ashes to ashes ... feathers to dust...Out of the nest to God we trust" . Its still warm and I'm wondering if Momma will lay more eggs.... Ill keep everybody posted!