Friday, July 17, 2009

Memories In Shadows


fog1


I feel the emptiness
It makes me look inside
See my own reflection
Ghosts of what were
Whispers in the wind
Disappearing in the fog
Memories in Shadows
I feel for you
I truly do
It just sometimes
Brings up things
I'm not ready to deal with
Like saying goodbye
And letting you go
Like walking alone
In the middle of the night
And not feeling your presence
Or that familiar scent
That lingered through the night
Or simply hearing you breathe
Or your heartbeat next to mine
Sometimes I feel
Angry that I'm still here
And a deep sadness
Like an endless well
And powerless
To do anything but scream
All these changes came so fast
Once again a solitary path
This time...to find myself
And to let you go.



( July 17th ,2009 )



Grief, shock, sadness...still linger in my heart... I can't be in two places at once, and I so would like to be there for you and hold your hand. But I promise...when things calm down and you and I have time ... We will sit and look back and laugh and cry, and learn to look forward... This poem is like a parallel for you and I.... this I will explain later... And I know you understand.